Have you been to see my new post over at The Shoe Digest yet?? SO EXCITING. :)
My lovely friend Jordan actually emailed me her post over a week ago, but in the haze of my death cold I somehow overlooked it.
*bows head in shame*
In any case, please take a moment and check out Jordan’s amazing dress–I’m seriously coveting it. I need a dress like this! New thrifting challenge? I think YES.
Greetings to all you Shop Girl readers!
My name is Jordan and I am totally thrilled to be appearing on Shop Girl’s blog this week with a totally amazing dress that I simply adore! Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I have been married for just under 5 years and have lived in 3 provinces and 5 cities during that time (we did a lot of cross country driving!). I am the mother of a very busy 1 year old boy and I’m expecting another baby boy this October. I work as a dance teacher and very passionate about all of the performing arts, and these days you can find me blogging at The Diary of a Dancer and a Frog Prince. While I’m originally from Ontario (Shop girl and I were friends in our single days!) I currently reside in Calgary Alberta.
And now onto my wonderful dress.
I saw this dress hanging on a rack in Winners 2 years ago and knew that I simply had to have it the moment I laid eyes on it! Yes, it was love at first sight. Normally I don’t pay full price for items…I tend to be a bargain hunter, but I was willing to pay the $30 price tag for this particular dress because I just LOVED it! Why do I love this dress so much you ask? Here are my reasons:
1) It’s long- and who doesn’t love a long breezy summer dress?!
2) You can wear it with flats or heels- while I prefer the look with flats I have worn it with heels and I think it still looks great.
3) It has a plethora of gorgeous colours making it super summery!
4) I bought this dress when I was completely not pregnant but it magically still fit me when I was 36 weeks pregnant last summer!
5) You can accessorize with a variety of coloured tops underneath to make it a little more modest and also a variety of jewellery styles.
6) It’s super versatile. You can wear it to anything from a walk in the park, to church, to a summer dinner party.
What more could I ask for in a dress? I dare say… nothing!
If you’re interested in being featured with your favorite dress, here’s what you need to do:
1) Take a photo of you in the dress.
2) Write a brief blurb / post that includes the following:
–Why do you love THIS dress?
–Where did you get it?
–How do you accessorize it?
–Where do you wear it?
3) Email it to me at [email protected]
…and that’s it! Easy as pie. I hope to hear from you soon!!